Food Fraud News, 2018 February: This is an update of our MSU Food Fraud Initiative Activities.
Mission: MSU’s Food Fraud Initiative, an interdisciplinary activity focused on detecting and deterring this public health and economic threat.
Summary for February 2018: Our “MOOC” programs expanded to include a new MSU Food DEFENSE Audit Guide MOOC. Also, we’re excited that for 2018 we have 12 presentations scheduled so far including international locations in Japan, Australia, and Trinidad & Tobago.
Next Month – Education &Training: http://foodfraud.msu.edu/mooc/
1. FOOD DEFENSE AUDIT GUIDE MOOC (MOOCD) <<NEW>>
a. 2018, March 15 & 22 – 10am ET
2. FOOD FRAUD AUDIT GUIDE MOOC (MOOCA)
a. 2018, March 6 & 13 – 1pm ET
3. FOOD FRAUD OVERVIEW MOOC 2018 (MOOC1)
a. On-demand lectures starting March 30
4. Graduate Courses, Online, Registration open for Summer Semester: http://foodfraud.msu.edu/resources/programs-courses/
a. “Packaging for Food Safety” VM/PKG 841
b. “Product Protection & Anti-Counterfeit Strategy” VM/PKG/CJ 840
Next Month – Outreach & Presentations: http://foodfraud.msu.edu/resources/events/
1. 2018/04/15- Presentation, Food Fraud Prevention for Spices, Annual Meeting, American Spice Trade Association ASTA, Naples, Florida
2. 2018/03/26- Presentation, Food Fraud Terminology Survey, GMA Science Forum, Grocery Manufacturers Association, DC
3. 2018/03/12- Presentation, Food Fraud Audit Guide, FSSC Webinar Series, AM for Europe and Eastern USA, Webinar
4. 2018/03/06 – Moderator, Food Fraud Prevention, GFSI Annual Conference, Tokyo, Japan
5. 2018/03/06 – Presenter, Food Fraud Prevention Strategy Update, GFSI Annual Conference, Tokyo, Japan
Publications – Recent Annual: http://foodfraud.msu.edu/resources/publications/