This report draws from a depth of data and in person interviews that will allow readers to more fully understand how the pandemic impacted global supply chains, how different companies reacted and the lasting changes that will be with us for years to come. It also analyzes other ways in which supply chains were disrupted and how the impact of these events was compounded by the pandemic
- More organizations than ever are now using technology to assist with supply chain management and mapping: More than half (55.6%) of organizations are now using technology to help analyse and report on supply chain disruptions.
- The number of supply chain disruptions organizations encountered in 2020 was higher than
any other year in the report’s history.
- COVID-related disruptions were more likely to occur beyond tier 1.
- Solving the logistics puzzle has been a key challenge to organizations during 2020 – and is set
to continue into 2021.
- Senior management are now more engaged with supply chain issues.
- Organizations are now more likely to interrogate the BC arrangements of critical suppliers.
- More due diligence should be carried out pre-contract.
Read full report.